I would express a little shock that I’ve gone through this many products since November, but that would be a fib. In the last few months I’ve been actively trying to work my way through beauty products. (Homegirl had too much stuff. Homegirl’s house looked like an Ulta.)
So let’s get started, shall we? As always, we’re going clockwise from the top left.
- Hard Candy translucent powder. There’s a tiny bit of powder left in that compact, but it was hard as a rock. This powder was okay. I have dry skin, so I used it mostly just to set my foundation, not to prevent shine. It’s a white powder but goes on translucent, but tends to settle into pores a little. Not repurchasing this one.
- Revlon Lip Butter. While I think I prefer regular gloss, these lip butters are nice. They’re glossy and hydrating and feel like a balm. I went through two of these last year. Not sure I’ll repurchase, as I have 4,763 other lip products to get through.
- Freeman Diamond Mineral Rinse Mask. This is a good hydrating face mask. It’s ~fancy~ and has diamond powder in it. You slap it on, wait 5 or 10 minutes, then scrub it into your face before rinsing. I do like this one and will probably buy it again, but one time I used it and got some of the grit in my eye. There is no fear like getting pumice in your eyeball, so now I’m leery.
- SheaMoisture Hydrating Mud Mask. I talked about this one in my last product empties post. Not a huge fan.
- This nice blurry blob is a bottle of L’Oreal True Match in W1. This color is too light for me, but I mix it with other foundations that are darker. True Match is currently my favorite foundation, and I have already bought another bottle.
- Jhirmack Silver Plus shampoo. The ends of my hair are bleached, and purple shampoo gets rid of yellow and brassy tones in blonde hair. This purple shampoo is my favorite and I’ve gone through several bottles in the past. I haven’t bought another bottle because right now my hair is pink and I don’t need it.
- Which brings us to item 3. Arctic Fox dye in Virgin Pink. These bottles of dye are tiny, but I still squeezed 3 uses out of this one. It bleeds pretty badly at first, but then the color holds on for quite awhile. When this color fades it becomes a really pretty rose-gold kind of shade. I will probably buy this again, but not pink. I’ve had pink hair since September and am over it.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner. My favorite, my holy grail. My dupe for more expensive stuff. I don’t even know how many bottles of this I’ve gone through. It’s a hydrating toner without alcohol or any other harsh ingredients. Already repurchased. Will purchase until I die.
- L’Oreal Total Repair Extreme Conditioner. Again, bleached hair. Bleached hair bad. Bleached hair dry. This is my favorite conditioner. I stray, but always come back.
- Village Natural Aches and Pains Muscle Relief bath salts. Okay, a weird product to throw in, but I love this stuff. (The link is for a 3-pack, and I don’t even care. I would buy the shit out of a 3 pack.) I don’t actually toss these into my bathwater, I use them in the shower. I throw 1 or 2 capfuls behind me in the shower and let the salts slowly melt and release their fragrance. Why? Because these salts are like Vicks VapoRub to the nth degree. The salts are scented with eucalyptus and mint and will clear your sinuses and help with congestion. 10/10, would recommend, especially if you have a cold or are congested.
- Tresemme Renewal Hair and Scalp shampoo. This is my favorite shampoo. It has tea tree extract and zinc to help with a dry scalp. Will probably repurchase, seeing as I’m on my 3rd bottle already.
Lord have mercy, we are finished. Like I said, that is a lot of crap to go through, but I am making an effort to work through the stuff that’s been lying around forever. And my efforts are paying off.
See you later!