In June I wrote a post called I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
. If you can’t already tell, I’m having the same problem again. Good sleep, for me, is just one of those things that goes in a cycle. I’ve read tips on how to get better sleep.
– No light in the bedroom. (I’m afraid of the dark, so no. No thank you. [There’s monsters in there, hush.])
– Cut out coffee.
– Cut out caffeine.
– Stop eating after a certain time.
– Cut out sugar.
– Cut out your liver and sacrifice it to the mythical cat people of ancient Paraguay.
– Stop doing everything you’ve ever enjoyed, ever.
– Take Ambien and start driving around in the middle of the night while asleep.
While I admit I have not tried every single one of the above, everything I have tried hasn’t worked. I think this is something I’m just going to have to deal with. This morning I fell asleep around 2:00, so that…wasn’t as bad as it could have been. It did not help that we let the dog sleep in our bed, something we only do every once in awhile, and she had gas. It was like sleeping with a slightly-less-toxic version of Agent Orange.
Once, at 3:00 in the morning, I was direct messaging my sister on Twitter, sending her facts about Mangas Coloradas
. Hey, the man’s name was He Just Sits There. No wonder he preferred Red Sleeve.
I’m like Sheldon Cooper, minus the science.
Also, that GIF is from Twin Peaks. Have you ever watched Twin Peaks? If not, you are missing out, my friend.
Anyway. All of this rambling has been…for no particular reason whatsoever. Just to, you know, kvetch.
I shall return in a few days, probably with pictures of cookies.
See you later!