All winter long my sinuses gave me a lot of grief. Not only did I get my very first sinus infection but there were so many days spent dealing with headaches and pressure in mah face. Which I’ve complained about ad nauseum on here, but just thought I’d bring up one more time in case you forgot my first world suffering.
In light of said suffering, my husband and I ripped the carpet out of the living room.
Carpet is so disgusting. And this was good quality carpeting that has been anal-retentively cleaned for the past 10+ years it’s been in this house.
Underneath the carpet was OSB plywood.
Hardwood will be installed this fall. I’d rather have it done right away, but there’s a hump in the floor. Of course. Why wouldn’t there be? To put in wood flooring, the subfloor needs to be leveled first.
So for now, we have another painted floor!
I just about asphyxiated from the oil-based paint fumes, but I finished the floor in one weekend. First came oil-based primer (Zinsser Cover Stain, with the brown label. This shit would stick to Jello.) and then an oil-based porch and floor paint from Valspar.
This is what happens when you go to the basement to throw wood in the furnace because you think the floor is dry. Don’t be like me.
The porch paint took forever and six days to dry, which wouldn’t be a big deal except:
– I painted the living room floor.
– Which is located in between the kitchen and bathroom.
– I painted the floor starting at the bathroom entry and worked my way to the other side of the room to the kitchen.
– Thus, I had to hang out in the kitchen.
– This house only has one bathroom.
– Which was located on the other side of a wet, freshly painted floor.
– I have never been so jealous of men in my life. I can’t exactly waltz out into the backyard and pee in the swamp, now can I?
I managed to not wet myself, but it was touch and go.
See you in a few days!